Veganuary at Home - Sheffield Beer
Happy Tier 5!
Tier 5 is basically lockdown 3.0 and you’re probably sick of hearing about it already. Until we have new information to share we’ll distract you with some vegan beer…
January is always a tough month, tier 5 just added more gloom to it. Trying to juggle post-Christmas blues, cold weather and keeping those New Year’s Resolutions ain’t easy! If you’ve decided to ditch meat for the month and get onboard with Veganuary that doesn’t mean you need to go tee-total.
Wait, isn’t all beer vegan? Sadly not, however the amount of vegan beers is on the rise! Some breweries still use isinglass (dried fish guts) to clarify beer and make the yeast settle (hats off to the person so desperate for a beer to discover this).
90% of a brewery’s business come from pubs and it’s been over 9 months since they have been open without restrictions.
Sheffield has a strong independent beer scene however the pandemic is pushing it to its limits. These are the beers that are vegan friendly and taste great! Support are local breweries.
- https://triplepointbrewing.co.uk/breweryshopAbbeydale Brewery – Serenity, Wanderer, Hero’s Showcase & more, available in a vegan mixed case
- The Brewery of Saint Mars of the Desert – All available here
- Crosspool Ale Makers Society – All available here
- Kelham Island Brewery – inc. Pale Rider, Night Rider, Anniversary & more available here
- Little Critters Brewery – Coco Nutter, King Crow & Sultanas of Swing available here
- Little Mesters Brewing – Lager, Bitter, Juicy Content IPA & Hazy IPA available here
- Lost Industry Brewing – Pretty much all…
- Loxley Brewery – All of their core range
- Neepsend Brew Co – All available here
- The Sheffield Brewery Company – Get Thi’sen Outdoorez & Blanco Blonde available here soon
- Steel City Brewing – new beers coming to your local bottle shop soon!
- Triple Point Brewing – All available here
And here’s a list of places who are currently offering beer delivery and collections (please check their social media profiles as restrictions change). You’ll find independent local, national and international breweries doing tasty vegan friendly beers here:
- Archer Road Beer Stop – Archer Road (collection)
- Beeches of Walkley – Walkley (collection)
- Beer Central – The Moor Market (collection/delivery)
- Craft & Berry – Ecclesall Road (collection/delivery)
- Dead Donkey – Abbeydale Road (collection/delivery)
- Ecclesall Ale Club – Ecclesall Road (collection/delivery)
- Kelham Deli & Produce – Kelham (collection)
- Penistone Beer Shop – Penistone (collection/delivery
- Turner’s Bottle Shop – Abbeydale Road (collection/delivery)
- Walkley Beer Co. – Walkley (collection)
Dry January? No thanks!